Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Seton Medical Center/ Seton Coastside. We appreciate your interest in serving our young patients and their families.
Volunteers at Seton Medical Center/ Seton Coastside are a diverse, well-trained group of individuals who generously give thousands of hours each year to support hospital staff and patients. Our Volunteer program is service-based, which means that our volunteers provide service to the hospital without the expectation of personal benefit beyond the intangible benefits of service.
Due to the number of volunteer applications we receive and the nature of volunteer scheduling, we cannot guarantee placement in our program.
The requirements to become a hospital volunteer are:
- Be age 15 or older
- Commit to a minimum of one shift per week for at least six months of continuous service, and a total minimum commitment of 100 hours
- Have no criminal record and pass a background check
- Be in good general physical and mental health
Our onboarding process for volunteers which includes the following:
- Volunteer application and (2) reference forms
- Group or individual interview
- Volunteer Group Interview Questions
- Background check
- Orientation and quiz
- Health screening
- Placement specific training
- You will have up to 8 weeks to complete processing
How to Apply
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Application.
- Submit (2) Reference Forms.
Each reference form must be completed by non-relatives and preferably by someone you’ve known at least 6 months.
- Provisional Acceptance Letter.
If you are accepted into our volunteer program, you will receive a 'provisional acceptance' email with instructions to complete the background check, health screening, and orientation quiz.
Once we receive all of your completed documents, we will contact you to discuss placement and a start date.
Please email Volunteer Service Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.