Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can initiate direct admission or transfer?
A physician, medical director, case managers, or hospital can initiate a direct admission or transfer into the Verity Health System by calling us at: (833) 279-BEDS | (833) 279 – 2337.
For patients, please request a referral through your physician or medical provider and have them contact us on your behalf.
- What information is required for a direct admission or transfer?
Please have the following information ready when calling:
- Patient name
- Date of Birth
- Medical Record Number (if known)
- Insurance & Authorization
- Reason for transfer
- Referring physician and phone number
- Name of facility/hospital and patient location (if transfer)
- Height & Weight
- What can I expect?
Upon receiving your phone call, the Care Connect Team will evaluate patient’s clinical information, determine medical necessity, assess availability of resources, and obtain insurance authorization. If patient is accepted, the Care Connect Team will notify you of bed availability and assist with coordinating transportation, if needed.
- What services are available?
- Behavioral Health
- Children’s counseling
- Emergency and trauma services
- Heart center
- Maternity care
- Orthopedics, joint, and spine care
- Primary stroke center
- Radiation therapy
- Skilled nursing facility
- Surgical services
- Women’s health
- Wound care center
For Medical Professionals Only
For direct admissions and transfers, call:
(833) 279 – BEDS
(833) 279 – 2337
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
The Care Connect Center makes the process of direct admission and patient transfers into Verity hospitals seamless. Our multidisciplinary team is available 24/7 to coordinate direct admissions and transfers. We evaluate the needs of each patient to ensure that appropriate care is provided.